The University Police department at SUU issued a “Timely Notice” to the community after reports of a male suspect exposing himself at two different locations on Thursday. The male suspect is described as being between 5’6”-5’10”, average build, and last seen wearing a black hoodie and black pants.
According to the notice, a victim reported that a male entered the stadium restroom and exposed himself to her around 6:15 a.m. on September 7, 2017. Another victim reported that around 6:30 a.m. a suspect was seen with his pants down on the University Blvd overpass. The suspect did not say anything in either incident. The suspect left the area on foot.
University Police were notified later in the afternoon regarding both incidents. Extra patrols in the area began after receiving the reports and will continue for a substantial period of time or until the suspect is caught.
If you have any information that might be helpful in this investigation, contact the University Police: 435-586-1911, www.suu.edu/publicsafety , or in person at the University Police Department located at 36 North 300 West. Updated information will be provided on the University Police web page, Facebook and twitter.
All members of the community are encouraged to consider the tips below:
· Try not to walk alone when it is dark.
· If you feel uncomfortable in someone’s presence, trust your feelings and take steps to distance yourself from him or her. Don’t be afraid to make a scene if necessary. Tell someone!
· Be observant and aware of your surroundings.
· Avoid poorly lit areas where an attacker might hide.
· Keep your music turned down low or leave one ear bud out if exercising outside.
· Report suspicious activity as soon as possible.