78,000 Meals for Children to be Served Through USDA-Sponsored Summer Food Service Program

By Holly Coombs

SALT LAKE CITY – Utah Food Bank is proud to announce that the United States Department of Agriculture has officially declared sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program.

The program will extend Utah Food Bank’s Kids Cafe program by providing free meals to children 18 years of age and under in both “Open Sites” and “Enrolled Programs.” Over 78,000 meals will be served at 33 sites through the Summer Food Service Program, and consist of either breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on the site. Utah Food Bank will prepare meals for “Open Sites” and “Enrolled Programs” throughout the state, according to a press release.

Each category has unique qualifications as outlined on Utah Food Bank’s website, and a complete list and schedule of summer meal sites can be found at www.utahfoodbank.org/summermeals.

 In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

 Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

 To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at: www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

  • Fax: (202) 690-7442

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.